The St George Junior League commenced in 1911, with 8 "A Grade" teams, and 6 "B Grade" teams. Games were played at Hurstville Oval, Campsie, Convent Ground, Sans Souci, Arncliffe Park, Brighton Le-Sands, and Kogarah Park (now WIN Jubilee Stadium). Later along the track, Prince Edward Park (Current location of the St George Leagues Club) became the main centre. Western Suburbs and NSWRL maintained a loose oversight of the organisation.The Referees had an informal grouping until May 1920, when they met at Rockdale Town Hall to form the St George District Referees Association
(Note: no use of the word "Junior"). The first office bearers were:
President: A Farrow
Vice President: C Negus
Secretary/Treasurer: S Bossi
NSWRL Delegate: Joe McGraw
Joe played a very important role in the foundation of the three organisations - Juniors, Referees, District Club.
The Referees Association were strong supporters of the foundation of the District Club, but in 1936 supported the Junior League when it broke from the District and NSWRL over management policies.
However, commonsense prevailed after a couple of years and all parties resumed the partnership. The Juniors had commenced fielding A, B and C Grade sides by now, and the Referees Association had grown correspondingly.
St George District Rugby League Referees' Association Inc - 2010
Website Design and Maintenance by Greg Tunks and Blake Bush - St George Referees' Webmasters